Weizmann Institute of Science
Release: May, 2012
GeneCards Version 3.08
What's new on the GeneAnnot web site
May, 2012: Release of version 2.2
- Synchronized with GeneCards v3.08.
October, 2011: Release of version 2.1
- Synchronized with GeneCards v3.06.
September, 2010: Release of version 2.0
- Synchronized with GeneCards v3.03.
February, 2008: Release of version 1.7
- Synchronized with GeneCards v2.38.
November, 2007: Release of custom CDFs based on GeneAnnot
- Custom CDFs based on GeneAnnot and related Bioconductor packages for the analysis of Affymetrix GeneChips are now available.
Click here for more details.
October, 2007: Release of version 1.6
- Synchronized with GeneCards v2.37.
April, 2007: Release of version 1.5
- Synchronized with GeneCards v2.36.
November, 2006: Release of version 1.4a
- Synchronized with GeneCards v2.35.
April, 2006: Release of version 1.3
- Synchronized with GeneCards v2.34.
December, 2005: Release of version 1.2
- Synchronized with GeneCards v2.33.
July, 2005: Release of version 1.1
- Synchronized with GeneCards v2.32.
- Compatible with Entrez Gene.
- GeneAnnot's information for probe-sets from Affymetrix GeneChips HG-U133 and HG-U133 Plus 2.0
now appear in GeneCards expression section of relevant genes.
March, 2005: Release of version 1.0
- Additional search options:
- Search GeneAnnot by Gene Symbol.
- Search GeneAnnot by GeneCards ID.
- Search GeneAnnot via ANY of the Affymetrix versions (HG-U95, HG-U133 and/or HG-U133 Plus 2.0).
- New look to match the GeneCards display:
- Added documentation about the scoring system and annotation qualities imbedded within the results page.
- Updated the GeneAnnot Overview page to now include a graphical example of score calculation.
- Easier navigation.
- Fixed bugs in the display of Affymetrix annotation.
January 15, 2005: Release of version 0.6
28 July 2004: Release of version 0.5
- Synchronized with GeneCards v2.30
- GeneAnnot published article :
Chalifa-Caspi, V., Yanai, I., Ophir, R., Rosen, N., Shmoish, M., Benjamin-Rodrig, H., Iny Stein, T., Shmueli, O., Safran, M. and Lancet, D. GeneAnnot: comprehensive two-way linking between oligonucleotide array probesets and GeneCards genes. Bioinformatics 20, 9: 1457-1458 (2004). PUBMED
- Each probe-set query now offers a link to a query of the probe-set in GeneTide.
2 March 2004: Release of version 0.4
- Synchronized with GeneCards v2.29
- GeneAnnot published article :
GeneAnnot: Interfacing GeneCards with high-throughput gene expression compendia
Chalifa-Caspi V.; Shmueli O.; Benjamin-Rodrig H.; Rosen N.; Shmoish M.; Yanai I.; Ophir R.; Kats P.; Safran M.; Lancet D.
Briefings in Bioinformatics, December 2003, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 349-360(12)
Henry Stewart Publications. PUBMED
- Fixed bugs that allowed genomic sequences rather than only RNA serve as evidence for associating a probe-set with a gene.
- Fixed bugs in display mechanism
5 November 2003: Release of version 0.3
- Fixed bugs in probe-set to Gene Specificity and Sensitivity calculations
- Added support for probe-sets with various numbers of probes
- GeneAnnot hyperlink in each GeneCards expression box now leads to a list of
probe-sets associated with that gene
5 May 2003: Release of version 0.2
- GeneAnnot web site is live